Monday, December 24, 2007

2007 ...as it happened

1. January and February .....though we didn't feel it while we were doing it....when we think now, i can say that we worked like anything and put in lots of efforts in this period..department restructure, peoplesoft migration and new portal upgradation are three things that i remember...

two more things which i would like to keep remembering happened during this period....most of my friends still tease me about this..first one.....my project director called me on one weekend ..Saturday late evening and asked me "which server were you working today" .....he had assumed that i had worked on a server today and there was a server crash because of that...that was like hitting flat in your face.....
next one ....hmmm really proud of this one .....my PD this time had few good words for me and my junior especially after we had slogged for an important activity...he wrote that was "dedication to the core and it was beyond his expectation"....so this was the period when i was called 'dedication to the core' by my colleagues....though most people wouldn't have agreed ..especially my own manager....


2. march and April........travelled to mumbai as my junior was getting relieved and i was asked to support mumbai region...had nice time without doing any work or taking transition from him in mumbai...roamed all over mumbai for 3 days.....

pity... i can also remember that during this period India lost in cricket world cup...can see many of my friends with broken heart....

4. may and June.......... during this period me and my office friends travelled all over south tamil nadu (what else to do..particularly when most of us didn't get opportunity to travel overseas...)...

trip will be in memories for most of us...we travelled in big groups and had blast and fun...yercaud, salem, devakottai, trichy......and then relatively small group went to allepy, ernakkulam, kottayam...

5. July and august.........couldn't remember doing any work during this period...sort of siting in bench....can remember there was a server crash once...and there was high stress cause of that....nothing else....and appraisal happened..

went on a small trip to thekkadi, theni, surli falls......with my parents

6. September and October.....after effects of appraisal, i had started looking out for other opportunites and had put in my papers by august end.....
took time off and spent some time with my parents and relatives.....

7. November and December....new company, new roles, new challenges.....i was sent to an important assignment in my new company....very tough especially since i was new and i was trying myself to prove my abilities....November month, high stress and pressure

December....festival time and not much work in office...Christmas with my family...flat decoration and furnishing..

to summarise.............

the year 2007, January, February and November has been very hectic in profession....

there were lot of trips and spent a lot of time with friends and families....that is good....

no major achievements or recognitions this year....though i got a promotion..glory be to god....a promotion and ace award (2006) at my first year in this company...

job change....hard and tough challenges in profession....also i did realised that i was missing my friends a lot ....and i still miss them....though i was always a guy who is not much attached to relations, emotions and feelings......so i had changed in character..

just a week left in 2007........hope to be a better person in 2008...yes i would definetly..

No comments: