Thursday, June 21, 2007

Part 3, Friends and Colleagues...

another 2 months passed by, now i have started supporting three more projects PSASM,eRecruit and Innovation.ISA became an instant hit in hexaware and my manager was so happy about it..infact it earned him an Star award...along with it came more and more challenges.

Techsummit ..was happy to see my friends involved in lot of activities(video shoot outs, paper presentation,hex songs (which never materialised)), though the chennai team had numerous meetings and planned immensely, a team of 5 guys in Mumbai earned internl systems a award to cherish...our department head became so happy...cheers mumbai ISG. I had a small role in setting up a high techh game for the show..

At this stage my manager and PD thought, me and Neeraj ..were taking lots of pressure. We were like a pressure cooker that would break anytime(as usual buildups). So they took another senior DBA with high experience, now that made us feel happy and took off lot of pressure..she was from microsoft family...

Meanwhile as usual the developers for any issues that came in their production application started blaming the new Sqlserver 2005 versions and DB migration ...fights happened now and then for access to the server.

It was almost 2 months since i took the job of creating a additional domain controller for the main LDAP server, and implementing a backup ISA server..

Again my manager decided to take a break from his tough schedule ..and he was scared that server would also take a break ..so he gave me a plain deadline finish the job before 3 days...now that i have a microsoft family in my team ...took help from them and finished the task...away went my manger on a happy family trip. Still he managed to call me once when he was on the trip and by coincidence that was my birthday...so i told him it was my happy birthday and he wished me ...heee heee .

Took my friends and colleagues to wangs kitchen for my birthday, one of my dear friend jegs...ordered Duck roast..i was happy that he chose that dish since it was christmas time and christians usually take duck dishes on christmas ..so everybody was eagerly waiting for a big duck roasted and toasted with good toppings...though the dish didnt turned out to be what we expected ..everybody i feel enjoyed the lunch...we did missed one great fan of chicken on that day ..of course it is none other than thangaraj, he was on deputation in mumbai

had developed good friends in ISG now and they were around me to help whenever i was stuck in a problem .....

as new year 2007 dawned ....

No comments: