Saturday, October 13, 2007

still missing .......

the week started well, joined my new company and went through the usual procedures, the HR Manager had an presentation about the organisation and i should say he did extremely well, after this came a bit of shock..i was told that i would be given training on all software concepts for a week... most of them not related to my work profile...may be it would be useful to developers,testers and project manager...i tried my best to get involved in training and then just left it ..i was just going through the day ...

i did missed my friends in my old company a lot, so i decided to give them a visit, as expected subbu was in tea shop and i gave him a pleasant surprise ....then there were other bunch of guys...jegu ..a very busy person nowadays but still always takes time for me ,,,,thangs,shomik... who came down and we exchanged pleasantries. me and subbu went for a drink and discussed the usual politics and other develpments in hexaware..

there was another important incident that happened this week, neeraj...left the company for a better opportunity...though neeraj was not directly reporting to me ....till the day he left hexaware(even after i had left hexaware) he gave me the respect of team leader, even this week i had asked him to look after a producton issue that shomik was not able to solve alone and i was not able to look into it..he was busy with his relieving formalitites and still he took time and solved the issue...though he is my junior i spoke to him whenever i had issues with my manager and he always came with good suggestions..this guy is really matured compared to other guys in his batch...i still remember the advice he gave me in car on our way to airport ....i was returing from mumbai after taking the handover from him...he had left our project 6 month back...

me,neeraj and sugesh worked as a team...the relationship we had between us is more than just a team member....we are known for not sleeping on any open issues and there are numerous issues that we worked as a team and solved.....in my short final address to the project ..all i told was any credit i recieved should be dedicated to neeraj,sugesh,deepa and of course my manager. It is hard to relaise now that we tried our best and always gave more than 100% for the company and still me,neeraj and sugesh had a bad experience that forced us to look for better opportunities..nobody stayed in hexaware...anyways we didnt do anything for charity and this is very common in IT organisation ...

i also missed one more guy..Shomik..the person who has taken my roles in hexaware,....though i have not worked with him much he is an exciting talent ..and often by mistake i called him neeraj... he is feeling very happy now that he is getting so much challenging tasks...even i felt happy for him as i had selected this guy from a bunch of freshers, when my manger had asked to identify a capable resource for DBA.....

ok its saturday night and i am sitting alone in my flat and writing this post...really boring ..still sometimes i enjoy loneliness.......

No comments: